As more consumers are spending less time at their computers and more time on their smart phones, you need to evaluate how well your practice is positioned for mobile search. With 2012 upon us, now is the time to evaluate your dental marketing as a whole and your mobile marketing strategy specifically.
You may be thinking “oh no, he’s telling me I need to hire some expensive programmer to create an iPhone app for my practice”. I’m not inferring that at all, but you should be considering a mobile website and a mobile friendly search engine optimization strategy.
A few mobile statistics to consider:
- Google says 40% of its mobile searches are for local information
- Over 50% of Google Maps traffic is from mobile devices
- Mobile search usage grew 25% year-over-year with 26% penetration in September 2011
- Search is the top activity of mobile browser users. Social networking is second
- 88 million mobile subscribers access local content on a mobile device, up 28% from a year ago
Moms are mobile
Moms make a majority of the decisions regarding healthcare for their families, and they are always on the go. According to one recent study, 62% of moms access the internet from their mobile phones.
Where mobile usage is hottest
A recent report from the IAB showed the mobile consumer hot spots around the US:
If you haven’t considered adding mobile marketing to your 2012 marketing plan, you really should. Give us a call to learn how we’re positioning our dental marketing clients to take advantage of the increasing trend toward mobile..