Perhaps you’ve heard that a dentist’s website is the virtual front door to their practice. That’s true. In order to attract new patients, your website does need to look great and be easy to navigate. But perhaps more importantly, your website needs to be visible! If no one can find your website (ie – it doesn’t rank well in a Google search for a dentist in your area), you run the risk of no one walking through your virtual front door…or your actual practice front door!
To put it simply, you can build the most beautiful website in the world but if no one can find it, it’s not doing the job you need it to do. As an online dental marketing agency, we understand that the marketing work put into a website is just as important as any of the design elements. Our website design team includes website designers and online marketing specialists that ensure our dental websites are built to look beautiful and be easily found online. How? Here are a few reasons why the best dental websites are built by online marketing agencies:
Reason #1 – We build websites with “findability” in mind
Building a website and not optimizing it with online marketing is like paying to have a commercial created & then not buying any air time to run it. It’s silly and frankly, a waste of your money. In order for potential patients to find you first when they’re searching for a dentist online (particularly Google), on-page optimization is very important. Here are some of the most crucial points:
- Incorporate keywords – It’s important that a dentist include their most important keywords in their website’s page title tags, body copy and header tags. For example, if you want your website to show up for patients searching for veneers in your area, you’ll want to naturally incorporate “veneers” in those specific places on your website. IMPORTANT TIP: Google is notorious for constantly changing the rules about the amount of keywords that are acceptable and not “spammy.” If you don’t adapt your website with these rules, Google may penalize your website. An online marketing agency will keep up with these rapidly changing trends; a big reason why it’s a good idea to consult with one when you’re building your website.
- Internal linking structure – The best dental websites have a solid internal linking structure. To rank well in a Google search, it’s a must. To do this, make sure that none of your primary services pages are more than one click away from your homepage. Additionally, make sure your anchor text is optimized for your targeted keywords.
- Post consistent (and good) blog content – The algorithm that Google uses to decide which websites rank highest for search terms, considers consistently updated, high quality content to be very important. An easy way to do this is by publishing a blog on your website that is updated (and optimized with your keywords) on a consistent basis. And yes, that means more than once a year.
- Write original website copy – Potential patients see right through generic and stale website copy…and so do the search engines. The rules of Google Panda also put a high priority on original content for all websites to rank well. In other words, make sure your website’s copy is unique to you…or risk being ignored by Google.
Reason #2 – We know quality images matter
Visual marketing is very powerful. Research shows that images are the first thing that website visitors notice…and they certainly matter to the overall quality of your website. We suggest that dentists purchase professional stock photos, hire a photographer or if you have high quality photography equipment and a semi-skilled staff member, take them yourself. Don’t let blurry, low quality, or “too small” images tell the visual story of your practice…even if they are free. The number one photo patients want to see? The dentist. So, make sure it’s a good one.
Reason #3 – We build responsive websites
It’s no secret that your patients and potential patients are using their smart phone or tablet to search for local information. In fact, Smart Insights recently reported that mobile internet use is set to overtake desktop internet use by 2014. It’s a risky decision to build a website that is made ONLY for a desktop computer and “hope” that it comes up correctly on an iPad, Google Nexxus, iPhone or Android, because if it doesn’t and people can’t easily read the information or book an appointment, they’ll take no time in moving on to the next dentist.
Your website should be easily viewed on any device, whether it’s a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone. The best way to do this is to build a responsive website. Its one website, built to adapt to any device. The beauty of choosing this type of design is you only have to market, update and manage one website. Need a visualization of how we do it? See below:
Reason #4 – We build websites that convert visitors into patients
A website designer usually has one thing in mind when they’re building a website; to build a sleek, beautiful, cutting-edge website that runs well. That’s good, because of course; you want your website to be all of those things. But, let’s not forget why you want a website in the first place…to book more patient appointments online! An online dental marketing agency instinctively knows this and we build websites that are not only beautiful, but help convert visitors into patients. Here are a couple of ways we do this:
- Simple navigation – People want to be able to find what they want quickly and to do this, your website needs simple navigation; usually one navigation bar at the top with no more than seven links.
- Tell them what you want them to do – Contrary to popular belief, people don’t just instinctively know what you want them to do on your website. You have to tell them. Our marketing professionals create strong calls to action and post them on the pages that matter for patients who want to book an appointment. We also prominently display your address, phone number and Google map where they are easy for your potential patients to find.
Reason #5 – We build attractive dental websites
Even marketing agencies know that good design matters for any website to be effective, ourselves included. Our websites have a modern and clean look with plenty of white space. We use classic graphics, updated images, colors and textures that represent a dentist’s unique brand well.
At the end of the day, dentists just want a website that works, ie – puts more ideal patients in their chair. By including both website designers and online marketing specialists in the design of your website, you can be sure that your website is modern, findable and most importantly, a true “virtual” front door to your practice.
Need a website or website update? We can help! Contact us today to find out more about our website design and online marketing programs designed for dentists and dental professionals.