One crucial step in the digital marketing process for the dental industry is managing online reviews and protecting your practice’s reputation online. This is also likely the most backburner of all backburner tasks in your dental practice.
Challenges Of Managing Online Reviews Yourself
- Finding the time.—Of course, it’s time consuming. Between keeping the day’s schedule on track, fielding patient calls, appointment requests, and billing questions, replying to your online reviews is probably not even on your radar.
- Knowing how to respond.—You’ll find the level of depth varies among the reviews you receive, so you need to ensure you have personal, relevant, professional, and HIPAA-compliant replies at the ready.
- Asking for reviews.—What if your practice needs more reviews? Patients who receive email and SMS review requests soon after a patient’s appointment are the most likely to respond and take action.
Why Your Online Reputation Matters
Potential patients consult reviews, and search engines do, too. They not only fuel consumers’ impressions of your practice, but they’re the preferred method for deciding where to visit for treatment. They’re also one of Google’s favorite treats.
You can read about Online Reviews being SEO Catnip here on our blog, but suffice it to say: when you respond in a timely manner to a review, be it positive or negative, Google treats it as organic SEO content, boosting your search ranking.
Potential patients haven’t been in your office. They get their impressions of your practice online. Make those online interactions count.
Think about it from a potential patient’s perspective. Which practice would you choose?:
- Dr. Jones who has ten 4- and 5-star reviews, all of which are at least a year old
- Dr. Smith who has 220 reviews, an average of 4.5 stars, the most recent review was last week, and nearly every review has a response from the practice?
Right. The one that’s active. The content of the reviews does matter, but just as important is the volume. Simply having a lot of reviews for your practice communicates that business is bustling, and your replies show that you’re engaged with your patients.
Do You Need Help Managing Your Online Reviews?
You know this is important, but you may need a little support getting this process off the ground. That’s why we’re here. If we’ve already built your new site and are managing your SEO, the next step in your digital marketing journey is reputation management.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have your review process and reputation management automated—every patient gets a review request, review responses are monitored, and even the less-than-stellar reviews get a professional reply?
Clients using the Bullseye Media review system received an average 4.8 star rating.
Bullseye Media clients who use our Review Management System received an average of 4.8 stars in the last quarter.
After coming on board with reputation management, one client saw an 258% percent increase in the number of reviews with a ½-star rating increase to the practice’s overall status.
Reputation Management from Bullseye Media
Bullseye Media’s Reputation Management System works with most practice management systems to collect reviews, so you can become your town’s favorite dental practice. You’ll be able to collect reviews automatically, see all your reviews in one place, and display them on your website and social media channels.
It couldn’t be easier. And when you’re busy filling the schedule, filling cavities, trying to not get your fingers bitten by a toddler, or tightening braces on a cranky 11-year-old, easy is good.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your dental digital marketing journey, get in touch with your account manager or contact us today!